Friday, September 23, 2005
malaysian idol
Malaysian Idol
hehe...tonite's d nite...d finals of mi2...its nita vs daniel...hhmmm..seems like it was only yesterday i was waiting outside of dat room...waiting for my turn 2b critisized..the first day...17th of april...i woke up early...took extra care to get ready...i wore my black hipster,pink shirt,pink tudung and isya's black strappy heels...i brought along my paddington notebook..inside it was written d lyrics to 2 songs...one.."colours of my love" a celine dion song...and the other..mariah's beautifully written "musicbox"...i got into the car...started the engine and waited for hafiz and ikhwan to get in d car..my two classmates and members of utm choir club..i drove all the way to eden garden...as i drove..i silently debated which song shud i sing? bare in mind..i didnt practise at all...i was quite shy..didnt want to sing in front of my frenz...its not like i can sing like a nightingale...wish i cud tho...when we arrived there...we were among the earliest...hehe...but..by the time we queue,register and waited for our turn to sing...it was almost noon..believe me...the longer we waited,the more nervous i was...a few of the contestants even sang in front of everyone...i have to admit,some are quite gud...i was grouped in the same group as hafiz...he sang b4 me..when i entered the room...i was told to stand in the middle of the circle and look into the camera while singing...and so i did..ha!! big mistake..no..HUGE!! d camera wasnt too intimidating..it was the fact that when i entered the room,the 8tv ceo...wat's his name?? entered and sit rite in front and just looked at me!! believe me...wit all the lightings,the camera and the other ppl in the room...i was so scared...i managed to sing a few lines...but then..i stopped...i forgot my lines...i stupidly decided to sing the celine dion song...i shud have sang the mcarey song...dat was easier...anyway...i asked to sing again and they let me do so...so,this time i sang while looking at the lyrics!! i dont care...i just sang...i did quite well...i did manage to pull off dat last note...and i was satisfied...but...i didnt realise dat was "it"..we were told dat we just have to go in there and practise b4 we sing 4 d judges...imagine my shock when they told us later that..they can only allow 3 ppl 2 actually meet the judges...and they chosed judging by how we performed in dat room!!! dat wasnt the ultimate surprise tho...i was actually chosen as one of the 3!! ahahaahah...they must be deaf or something...but i passed the first round and i had 2 come again the following monday....
(2nd part of the story...to be continued)
posted by Afnie at 5:02 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Me Myself and I
Nur Afnie Arifin
25 year old female
About Me:
See my profile...

My Previous Posts
My Archives
My Links
My Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie